The Catholic Church has always condemned abortion as a grave evil. Christian writers from the first-century author of the Didache to Pope John Paul II in his encyclical Evangelium Vitae (“The Gospel of Life”) have maintained that the Bible forbids abortion just as it forbids murder. This tract will provide some examples of this consistent witness from the writings of the Fathers of the Church.
“The threat of abortion remains our preeminent priority because it directly attacks life itself.”
U.S. Bishops Voter’s Guide for 2020
U.S. Bishops have declared that abortion remains the ‘preeminent’ issue for Catholic voters in the 2020 election. No other issue can considered to be on equal footing with the abominable crime of abortion which takes the life of millions of innocent children in the United States each year. Catholic voter MAY NOT vote for a pro-abortion candidate if the the challenging candidate opposes abortion – doing so would be a moral sin and place your immortal soul in jeopardy. Issues such health care, education, immigration and poverty are not proportionate to the intrinsic evil of abortion and thus can never be used as an excuse to vote for a pro-abortion candidate.
- Supports forcing taxpayers to pay for elective abortions. In late February at a town hall in South Carolina, Biden promised that one of his first acts as president would be to restore funding to Planned Parenthood, the billion-dollar abortion chain.
- Strong pro-abortion voting record. He supported President Barack Obama’s leadership as the most pro-abortion president in U.S. history. As the vice president, he supported the administration’s pro-abortion policies, including Obamacare, which forced religious employers to pay for contraception that may cause abortions.
- Has said he would be committed to “the constitutional right to an abortion” and “reverse the Trump administration and states’ all-out assault on women’s right to choose.”
- Health care plan would expand abortions as well. The plan would codify Roe v. Wade into federal law, prohibiting states from passing even moderate restrictions that protect unborn babies from late-term abortions. It also would force insurance companies to cover abortions as “essential” health care under Obamacare.
- Pro-abortion movement leaders say they “trust” Biden to protect abortion on demand.
- 100% voting pro-abortion voting record with the National Abortion Right’s Action League’s Congressional Record on Choice for every year that she has served in the Senate.
- Promised to codify Roe v. Wade, require judicial nominees to support Roe v. Wade, repeal the Hyde Amendment, require private insurers to cover abortion and contraception, make abortion drugs and birth control available over the counter, ban abstinence-only sex ed, preserve funding for Planned Parenthood and much more.
Catechism of the Catholic Church
- 2270 Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. From the first moment of his existence, a human being must be recognized as having the rights of a person – among which is the inviolable right of every innocent being to life.
- 2271 Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law:
- 2272 Formal cooperation in an abortion constitutes a grave offense. The Church attaches the canonical penalty of excommunication to this crime against human life. “A person who procures a completed abortion incurs excommunication latae sententiae ,” 77 “by the very commission of the offense,” 78 and subject to the conditions provided by Canon Law. 79 The Church does not thereby intend to restrict the scope of mercy. Rather, she makes clear the gravity of the crime committed, the irreparable harm done to the innocent who is put to death, as well as to the parents and the whole of society.
- 2273 The inalienable right to life of every innocent human individual is a constitutive element of a civil society and its legislation.
- 2274 Since it must be treated from conception as a person, the embryo must be defended in its integrity, cared for, and healed, as far as possible, like any other human being.
- 2275 “One must hold as licit procedures carried out on the human embryo which respect the life and integrity of the embryo and do not involve disproportionate risks for it, but are directed toward its healing the improvement of its condition of health, or its individual survival.”
- WATCH: Fr. Altman on the Upcoming Election
- WATCH: Is Donald Trump Truly Pro-Life?
- WATCH: Priest Proclaims Joe Biden is an Embarrassment to Catholicism
- Defending Life is not “Imposing” Religion
- CATHOLICS: Get Out And Vote To End Abortion
- Kamala Harris And Her Pro-Abortion Donor Base
- Biden and Harris Want to REPEAL the Hyde Amendment which has Saved Thousands of Babies from Abortion
- WATCH: Here’s What You’re Supporting With a Vote for Biden-Harris
- Fr Jordi Rivero: Elections in USA 2020 – A Decisive Moment (Elecciones en USA – un momento decisivo)
- WATCH: Courageous Priest Speaks The TRUTH About Joe Biden and Kamala Harris